Deep Fried Southern Chicken StripsFrom ebediel 6 years ago
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 inch strips shopping list
- 3/4 Cup of buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups of General Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs of season salt (approx. to taste) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbs of hot sauce (Texas Pete)(to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs of garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tsp of paprika shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put vegetable oil in electric skillet, or deep fryer (from 350 to 375 degrees)
- Place flour, season salt, garlic powder, and paprika in a fairly large bowl and mix well.
- Place egg, buttermilk, hot sauce, and sugar in another bowl and mix well.
- Put chicken strips in dry flour mixture first covering well and then shake off access flour
- Now transfer strips, one at a time, to egg mixture and back to flour mixture and then into the hot oil.
- Cook strips until golden brown
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel
- Strips should turn out crunchy
- Serve with warm Peach Dipping Sauce (see other recipes)
The Cookebediel Moyock, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!