Whole Grain Pizza DoughFrom hollymayb 8 years ago
- 1 packet (2 1/4 t) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 cup wheat gluten flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup almond flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy flour shopping list
- 1/2 (partially de-branned) oat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground flax shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat bran shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 T salt shopping list
- 1 T sugar (or 1/2 T sugar & 1/2 T Splenda) shopping list
- 2 t garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- In your mixer bowl, combine yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder and oil. Using dough hook, mix at a low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to medium-low and knead for 10 minutes until elastic and smooth.
- Grease a large bowl with a little olive oil and add dough, tossing to coat with oil.
- Wrap top of bowl with cling wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Punch dough down, re-cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Voila! Use as you like! We like to roll it out quite thin and bake on a pizza stone @ 450 F for about 15 mins. We don't worry too much about it being round- the 'organic' shapes taste better anyway!