Easy Mexican Chicken Enchilada CasseroleFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts water shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can original rotel shopping list
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth, from the chicken shopping list
- 15 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups grated colby jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, pour in the water, add salt and chicken. Boil for 30 minutes, or until the chicken can shred easily.
- While the chicken is cooking; chop the onion, and grate the cheese. In a medium bowl, combine the soups, and Rotel. (When the chicken is done) add the chicken stock; mix with a whisk until the soups are smooth.
- When the chicken is done, remove to a bowl and with 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- In a greased 13x9" baking dish, using a ladel, pour a little bit of the soup mixture coating the bottom of the dish.
- On top of the soup mixture in the dish, make the first layer, using 5 tortillas, arrange them overlapping in the design of the Olympics Logo. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chicken. Then sprinkle with !/3 of the chopped onion. Cover the chicken and onion with 1/3 of the soup mixture.
- Do 2 more layers in the same order, but with each layer, invert the direction of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Heat the oven to 350*.
- Cover the dish with foil. and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When it is done, warmed throughout, and the cheese is melted, remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes to set up.
- Then serve.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- tenderlimb Nowhere, Us
- CynthiaPersonal Nowhere, Us
- grk Houston, TX
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- mimi51 Lenoir, NC
- cherrybomb Ladera Ranch, CA
- birdsnflowers Gaithersburg, MD
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- gejr45 Greer, SC
- kingscoob 46385, IN
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating2 people
Party Food316 members
Family Favorites140 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Companys Coming115 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Home Cooking57 members
Mexican Cooking139 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Chicken Please145 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members