Simple Bread StuffingFrom peanutt 4 years ago
- 1 loaf of bread cut into thick cubes shopping list
- 3 TBL stick margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cp chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cp chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cp water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 (10oz) can chicken broth shopping list
- Cooking Spray shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a layer on large cookie sheet. Put in broiler for 5 mins or until toasted. If you don't have a broiler you can bake them for 12 mins.
- Melt margarine or butter over med heat in a saucepan.
- Add celery and onions.
- Saute for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in water and next 5 ingredients.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon into a casserole dish coated in cooking spray, cover and bake for 30 mins.
The Cookpeanutt Fredericksburg, VA
The Rating2 people
This is also a great reicpe to play with! I like the simple reicpes, they are great as is and if I'm in an experimenting mood, they are a good spring board!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
This is a great recipe. I make something very similar to this at holiday time because there is never enough room in the bird for all the stuffing that everyone loves.toleliz in Burlington loved it