Simple Bread StuffingFrom peanutt 7 years ago
- 1 loaf of bread cut into thick cubes shopping list
- 3 TBL stick margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cp chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cp chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cp water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 (10oz) can chicken broth shopping list
- Cooking Spray shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread cubes in a layer on large cookie sheet. Put in broiler for 5 mins or until toasted. If you don't have a broiler you can bake them for 12 mins.
- Melt margarine or butter over med heat in a saucepan.
- Add celery and onions.
- Saute for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in water and next 5 ingredients.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon into a casserole dish coated in cooking spray, cover and bake for 30 mins.
The Cookpeanutt Fredericksburg, VA
The Rating2 people
This is a great recipe. I make something very similar to this at holiday time because there is never enough room in the bird for all the stuffing that everyone loves.toleliz in Burlington loved it
This is also a great reicpe to play with! I like the simple reicpes, they are great as is and if I'm in an experimenting mood, they are a good spring board!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it