Banana Chip Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (see head notes) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (toasted) wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup natural cane sugar (or brown sugar) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup banana chips, loosely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, racks in middle/upper middle. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, beat the butter until lightly and fluffy, then beat in the sugar until it is the consistency of a thick frosting. Beat in the eggs one at a time, incorporating each fully before adding the next, and scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times along the way (important!). Stir in the vanilla. Add the reserved flour mix in two increments, stirring/mixing a bit between each addition (but not too much). By hand, stir in the banana chips, chocolate chips and walnuts - mix just until everything is evenly distributed.
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart and bake for about 7 - 8 minutes, until barely golden on top and bottom. Resist over baking, they will come out dry and not as tasty. Cook on racks.
- Make about 24 cookies.