Chicken Salad with Gorgonzola Walnuts and FigsFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 6 dried figs shopping list
- 2/3 cup walnut halves shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 1 T olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 bag mixed greens salad mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 pound gorgonzola, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Place the figs in a small pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, cover and let stand until the figs are plumped up (about 15 minutes). Drain and quarter.
- Toast the walnuts over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Or just leave them untoasted.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and rosemary, place in the skillet and cook until done. Slice into 1/4" serving pieces.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl or shaker jar.
- Wash and dry the salad greens. Toss with the dressing. Place salad greens on individual plates, and top with chicken, walnuts, and figs.