Strawberry Cheesecake TriffleFrom jlv1023 8 years ago
- 2 (8 oz) cream cheese softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp almond extract plus 2 tbsp almond extract shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) container Cool Whip shopping list
- 1 angel cake cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, cleaned - stemmed- thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add sour cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Set aside
- Combine strawberries with 3 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp almond extract. Set aside.
- In cream mixture, fold in Cool Whip and then carefully fold in angle food cake and set aside.
- In large glass serving bowl, layer in order: 1/3 of strawberries, 1/2 cake/cream mixture, 1/3 strawberries and then remaining cake/cream mixture. End with strawberries.
- Decorate with fanned whole strawberries.
- Cover and chill WELL before serving.
- NOTE: I used Regular Cool Whip and 1/2 small container of Strawberry Cool Whip
- Optional: instead of strawberries, use any fruit or berry of your liking.