Cake in a CupFrom dsmith0616 8 years ago
- 1 cake mix any flavor shopping list
- 1 (4 serving size) instant pudding mix ( not sugar free), any flavor shopping list
- Flavors shopping list
- Lemon cake mix- lemon pudding shopping list
- Yellow cake mix- chocolate pudding shopping list
- Devils food cake mix- chocolate pudding shopping list
- pineapple cake mix- coconut pudding shopping list
- Butterscotch cake mix- butterscotch pudding shopping list
- glaze mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp dry flavoring (such as powdered lemonade mix, powdered orange breakfast drink mix, cocoa powder) shopping list
- vanilla powder sold by coffee flavorings shopping list
- Select the flavoring appropriate to the cake you are making. shopping list
- For the pineapple coconut cake include flaked coconut in a separate bag with instructions to sprinkle it over the frosted cake. shopping list
How to make it
- Place dry cake mix and dry pudding mix into a large bowl and blend well with a whisk. This will be about 4 – 4 1/2 cups dry mix and will make 8-9 coffee cup cake mixes. Place 1/2 cup dry mix into a sandwich bag. Place mix into a corner of the bag and tie it there with a twist tie. Continue making packets until all your dry mix is used.
- Select a large coffee cup. Check it to be sure it holds 1 1/2 cups of water. That way you will be sure you have bought the size the recipe calls for. It can’t have any metallic paint on it because it will be used in the microwave. Places like WalMart and craft stores sell plain cups.
- Decorating the cups
- Paint on the cup if you like. DecoArt Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamel is one brand of craft paint that can be made dishwasher safe by baking the painted cup in the oven. (instructions are on the bottle of paint usually).
- Place the glaze mix ingredients into a sandwich bag and tie into corner of bag. Label this bag “glaze mix” and attach it to the other bag with a twist tie.
- Place one baggie cake mix and one baggie glaze mix in each coffee cup. Now attach the following baking instructions to each coffee cup.
- Bake a cake in a coffee cup
- Generously spray inside of coffee cup with cooking spray. Empty contents of large packet into cup. Add 1 egg white, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp water to dry mix. Mix 15 seconds, carefully mixing in all the dry mix. Microwave on full power 2 minutes.( you may not get satisfactory results in a low wattage small microwave). While cake is cooking, place ingredients from “Glaze Mix” into a very small container and add 1 1/2 tsp water. Mix well. When cake is done, pour glaze over cake in cup. Enjoy while warm.
The Cookdsmith0616 VA
- Not added to any groups yet!