Medieval Italian StewFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 pounds stew beef cut in 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 2 medium white onions chopped shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon mace shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef in a skillet in a small quantity of oil.
- Place browned beef and its juices in a stewpot.
- Add more oil if necessary to the skillet then sauté onions until tender and translucent.
- Add onions to stewpot.
- Add raisins and spices to meat mixture along with 1/2 cup water.
- Bring stew to a boil and reduce immediately to a simmer then simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally and add water as necessary.
- When beef is cooked add vinegar and salt then cook 5 minutes more.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!