Chicken with Black Bean SalsaFrom raynaday 6 years ago
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. ea.) shopping list
- 1 TBSP crushed fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teas. ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth shopping list
- 1 15 oz can black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions shopping list
How to make it
- Spread each piece of chicken with some of the garlic and pepper.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook for about 2 minues on each side,
- or until nicely browned. Reduce the heat to low and add broth. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and the juices run clear when chicken is pierce. (If the chicken is not cooking fast enough and is beginning to stick to the skillet, I add a little water to the skillet, which kind of steams the chicken and stops it from sticking to the skillet before it's done.)
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Drain any liquid from skillet and add the undrained black beans and the salsa or picante sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Spoon the bean mixture over the chicken
- Sprinkle with the scallions.
- Brown rice makes a nice side dish with this chicken, or you can serve it over the rice.