health-nut banana breadFrom paperdollpeople 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 medium bananas shopping list
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbs. flax-seed grains (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Lightly butter or spray (canola spray works wonders!) the bottom and sides of a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until there are no lumps.
- Add the eggs, and beat until smooth.
- If the bananas are still very yellow, mash in a separate bowl.
- If they aren't, you may add them whole.
- mix the batter for another minute, making sure there are no large clumps left. (There will obviously still be banana chunks, but they should be no bigger than 1/4 inches)
- Mix in the salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour, and continually scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Once all of the ingredients have been mixed in thoroughly, pour the batter into the pan and bake for 15 minutes at 375.
- Reduce the heat to 350, and bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserten in the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean (the bananas will still be moist, and may leave traces on the toothpick)
- Remove the loaf, and place on a cooling rack, as leaving it in the pan will make it soggy.