Healthy Spinach and Artichoke DipFrom mollyscookin 6 years ago
- 1 package meufchatel (low fat cream cheese), softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 12-16 ounces artichoke hearts, undrained (you can buy marinaded artichokes as well, for an extra twang) shopping list
- 7 1/4 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained shopping list
- 2 or more colves of garlic (you can never have too much garlic) shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finally graded (the fresh stuff tastes better, but you can use the canned stuff too) shopping list
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Using a food processor or blender, mix light cream cheese, sour cream and artichoke hearts by pulsing them until even consistencey. Add red pepper, parmesan cheese, and garlic, and pulse until creamy.
- To bake dip: Preheat oven to 375. Place mixture into a 1.5 to 2qt baking dish. Add spinach and stir to combine. Bake for 25 minutes, stiring the mixture half way through. Dip is done when browned and bubbly on the edges.