Souvlaki AAAFrom efitobx 6 years ago
- 2 lbs Boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine ( not a cooking wine) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 bsp leaf oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp sea salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 lbs fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 Green Geppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except the optional items) in a bowl, and then add the meat. Turning the meat occasionally, allow it to marinate 48 hours.
- Thread 6 or 7 pieces of meat on each 6-inch skewer
- above if you want to use the longer skewers and alternate meat pieces with the optional vegetables.
- Wipe grill lightley with Vegetable Oil
- Place Skewers on grill cook for aprox 12 minutes turning occasionaly. Meat should be nicely brown on the outside but still juicy inside.
- When the meat is done, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the souvlakia and sprinkle on a bit of Fresh Oregano before serving.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating4 people
wow bet this taste wnderful thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I use pork for my souvlaki...in Greece that is what the majority of souvlakia are made with.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!