grilled eggplant sandwichesFrom lincolntoot 7 years ago
- 2 medium eggplants about 2 pounds shopping list
- 2 medium sweet red peppers shopping list
- 2 small zucchini shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup drained sliced pepperoncini peppers shopping list
- 4 1 ounce slices mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut 2 1/2 thick slices lenghtwise from opposite sides of each egglplant and for another use.
- Cut each eggplant lenthwise into 4 3/4 inch thick slices; set aside.
- Cut red peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds and membranes.
- Flatten pepper halves with palm of hand; set aside.
- cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium hot grill 350 - 400 degrees.
- Brush eggplant, red pepper, and zucchini with about one-third of dressing.
- Place red pepper and zucchini on rack; grill covered 6 minutes.
- Turn vegetables and baste with half of remaining dressing. Add eggplant to grill rack; grill covered 10 minutes turning once and basting often with remaining dressing.
- Arrange pepper halves and zucchini slices evenly over 4 eggplant slices; sprinkle with pepperoncini pepper. Place 1 slice of cheese over each serving.
- Top with remaining eggplant slices.
- Grill 2 additional minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating3 people
I am going to pass on this delicious recipe to my niece who has a great garden with LOTS of eggplant!
I think she and her husband and family of 5 children will like it!
Thanks for sharing!
.....mjcmcook...."5" FORKS....!!...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Our ggplants are really putting out in our garden, this year. So I wiil try this fantastic recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Actually, I love eggplant!herby in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!