COCONUT DREAM DESSERTFrom bestcooker 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled a few minutes shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups coconut shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- two 3.4 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut shopping list
- one 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, THAWED shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, mix together flour, brown sugar, melted butter, and 1-3/4 cups coconut in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture in an ungreased 13X9 baking pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly brown, stirring 3-4 times during baking. Remove coconut mixture from the oven and stir. Remove 1 cup of the mixture and place it in a covered airtight container. (If you don't put it in an airtight container, the brown sugar in the mixture will cause it to become too hard to use later. And you will need it later!) Press the remaining coconut mixture evenly on the bottom of the same 13X9 pan you just used and cool completely.
- To make the filling, mix together the instant pudding and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Add milk and beat well. Stir in 1/4 cup coconut. Pour pudding mixture evenly over cooled crust and refrigerate until set, at least 3-4 hours.
- Spread thawed whipped topping evenly over pudding layer. Sprinkle reserved coconut mixture evenly over whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate any leftovers.