Penang LaksaFrom kevinqool 9 years ago
- 1 sliced onion shopping list
- 1 boiled egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp of laksa paste shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk shopping list
- 12 large raw prawns peeled and tail intact shopping list
- 150grams of thinly cut chicken breast meat shopping list
- 200grams thick fresh rice noodles shopping list
- 1 red capsicum sliced* shopping list
- 90grams baby corn* shopping list
- 90grams bean sprouts shopping list
- 90grams snow peas* shopping list
- Some fried bean curd or tofu* shopping list
- coriander, mint and lime wedges to garnish shopping list
- *Optional, can be replaced with any greenies or mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok or large saucepan, stir fry onion in a little stock for 2 minutes.
- Add laksa paste and cook stirring for 2 minutes then add remaining stock, coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then add prawns and chicken, cook for a while until thoroughly cooked.
- Add noodles, capsicum, corn and fried tofu.
- Simmer 2 min till prawn and chicken is cooked and the noodles are plump.
- Put in snow peas and sprouts.
- Divide into warm bowls and garnish with slices of boiled egg, herbs and lime wedges.
- Serve it while it's hot and dig in!