One-Step Artichoke Bean Dip with Sweet Red PeppersFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 19-oz. can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, quartered shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt or kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted red sweet pepper strips shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil shopping list
- coarse sea salt or kosher salt shopping list
- Assorted crackers, toasted baguette slices, or toasted pita chips shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor combine beans, artichokes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and process until almost smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Cover; let stand at room temperature until ready to serve (up to 2 hours).
- Or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle lightly with additional salt.
- Top with roasted red sweet pepper strips and basil.
- Serve with crackers, baguette slices, or pita chips. Makes 12 to 14 (3-tablespoon servings).
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This sounds delicious.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Roasted red sweet pepper strips, garlic, fresh basil along with the rest of these ingredients are staples in my home. This would be a snap to prepare and any guest would love it. The fact that it can be made ahead is wonderful too.
...moretrigger in loved it