Chocolate Zucchini Garden CakeFrom mintymommybee 5 years ago
- 1 C unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 unsweetened best quality cocoa powder (I used Droste) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 2 C sugar shopping list
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 C (+) olive oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 C sour cream or yogurt shopping list
- 3 C grated zucchini (about 4 medium sized zuchhini) shopping list
How to make it
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9x13 - inch pan
- Sift thee flours, baking soda and powder, and salt all together into a medium bowl.
- In another bowl use a mixer on high speed to beat together the sugar, butter, and oil until well combined.
- One at a time, add in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture, blending just until smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream, then the zucchini.
- Spead evenly into the pan!
- Bake until the cake springs back when pressed in the center, about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- (now, I top it with a cream cheese chocolate frosting I make up from a bar of Lindt excellence dark chocolate and cream cheese and a bit of powdered sugar.)
The Cookmintymommybee Anderson, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!