Stuffed Shrimp with CrabmeatFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup of combination of hot milk and crab meat liquid shopping list
- 2 tsp of chicken sooup base shopping list
- white pepper (1/3 tsp or more to taste) shopping list
- 4 ounce tin of crab meat, shell and cartilage removed shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecan pieces shopping list
- 1 tbsp of chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tsp of chopped dill shopping list
- 18 strips of bacon, partially cooked shopping list
- 36 large shrimp, shelled and butterflied shopping list
How to make it
- Make a basic white sauce with butter, flour, chicken base and liquid.
- Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one cookie sheet in oven to heat (best to use a pizza stone if you have one!)
- Mix cooled white sauce with crab meat, pecans, green onion and dill in a bowl.
- Lay bacon flat on a cookie sheet.
- Put one butterflied shrimp in the middle of each bacon slice.
- Scoop on tablespoon of the filing on top of the shrimp.
- Top with another butterflied shrimp and wrap with bacon.
- Place shrimp on the hot stone or heated cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil to crisp the bacon the rest of the way.
- Serve 3 shimp per plate.