Dads Wonderful Wild Rice CasseroleFrom morninlite 8 years ago
- 1 c Uncooked wild rice, rinsed shopping list
- 3 c chicken or vegtable stock shopping list
- 1 lb Sliced bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 2 med Chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped celery root (or celery stalks) shopping list
- 1/2 c sliced baby carrots shopping list
- 1/ lb Sliced fresh portabello or baby crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, combine wild rice and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and stock is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, grease 1 1/2-quart casserole. In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onions, celery, and carrot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in mushrooms; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bacon.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add cooked rice to skillet; mix well. Spoon into greased casserole; cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.