Pasta with red pepper and tomato sauceFrom halags39 4 years ago
- 200 g (I used whole wheat pasta with added flax benefit ) shopping list
- 2 cups tomato juice (or as you see fit. I make my tomato juice from fresh tomatoes because I hate using canned food. Just boil the tomatoes and remove skin. then puree.) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 crushed garlics (optional- I made some with the addition of garlic and the other without. I liked both) shopping list
- 4 peppers ( I used red, yellow and orange) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- fresh basil to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the peppers in the oven
- saute the onions till golden and add the tomato juice
- peel off the charred skin from the peppers and slice into strips. Add to the tomato sauce. puree with a hand blender. You will have strips left but that is really good. Add fresh basil, salt, pepper and pasta.
- If you wish to add garlic [ and mushrooms too if you wish], saute the grarlic [ and mushrooms] and add to pasta.
The Cookhalags39 Dubai, AE
- Not added to any groups yet!