Cranberry Ham SquaresFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ground smoked ham shopping list
- 1 lb. of ground pork shopping list
- 3/4 cup of day old bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- no salt necessary, but several grinds of black pepper are recommended shopping list
- generous pinch of ground thyme shopping list
- a few scrapings of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup of canned whole berry cranberry melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup of light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ham, pork, onions, bread crumbs, eggs and milk.
- Season heavily with black pepper, pinch of thyme and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place in an 8 x 12 baking pan, loaf shape.
- Combine melted cranberry (can use the jellied version if you don't want lumpy sauce) with corn syrup and mustard.
- Cover meat loaf with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes.
- Delicious with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes!