Chocolate CakeFrom maddie 6 years ago
- 1 can condensed milk shopping list
- 1 cup self raising flour/all purpose flour/maida shopping list
- 3 tbsps cocoa shopping list
- 2 tsps baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp soda bi-carbonate shopping list
- 1 tbsp drinking chocolate (for a richer, denser cake, omit the drinking chocolate and put 4 tbsps of cocoa into the batter) shopping list
- 1 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 tsps vanilla essence shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Beat the condensed milk, butter, water, vanilla essence in one direction until you see air bubbles in the batter.
- Add the flour, soda bi carbonate, baking powder, cocoa, drinking chocolate (if using) to the batter and beat thoroughly.
- Pour into a well greased 8X8 cake tin or into cupcake moulds.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven at 400F (200C). Lower the heat to 350 F (180 C) and bake for another 7 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and pierce the centre with a toothpick. If it comes out clean you are done. If not, slide the cake back into the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Careful though, you don’t want to overbake this cake. Overbaked eggless cakes tend to be dry and crumbly. Serve this cake with chocolate sauce.
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!