Brazilian Pureed Beans With Pork Chops and Collard GreensFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound pork chops shopping list
- For beans: shopping list
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans shopping list
- 4 ounces bacon chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed shopping list
- 3/4 cup cream of wheat shopping list
- 2 bunches collard greens or kale shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed shopping list
- 3 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Marinate pork chops in mixture at least one hour or overnight.
- Puree beans in blender.
- Sauté bacon and garlic then add pureed beans and bring to boil.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cream of wheat to thicken beans and reduce heat to low.
- Add more cream of wheat if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Chop collards by stacking several leaves then rolling lengthwise and slicing crosswise.
- Cut them as finely as possible then set aside.
- Fry pork chops in nonstick pan until brown adding some marinade liquid if they start to stick.
- In another pan sauté garlic and salt in olive oil and add collards.
- Cook over medium heat until wilted.