Great Northern Bean ChiliFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 pound large white great northern beans shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 medium yellow onions chopped shopping list
- 8 ounce can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups uncooked chicken cut in cubes shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse beans in a colander under running water discarding any discolored beans.
- Place beans in large covered roaster and cover with water and allow to soak overnight.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and bake in 350 oven for 6 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water or broth as needed.
- Top with pepper jack cheese then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!