Rhubarb Spice Cake with Lemon SauceFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 drop yellow food coloring shopping list
- : shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 2 tablespoons butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in the chopped rhubarb. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool. Serve with Lemon Sauce.
- To make the Lemon Sauce: In a saucepan, mix together 2 cups sugar and 4 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 4 tablespoons butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in 1 or 2 drops yellow food coloring if desired.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!