Apple and Cheese OmeletFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided shopping list
- 2 large tart apples peeled cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons apricot spread shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a wide nonstick omelet pan or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Stir in apples, onion and thyme then cook stirring often for 8 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and 2 tablespoons water to blend then season with salt and pepper.
- In omelet pan melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Pour in eggs and cook gently.
- Lift cooked portions with spatula to let uncooked eggs flow underneath until omelet is softly set.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon 2/3 of the apple mixture down center of omelet and sprinkle with 2/3 cup cheese.
- Top evenly with apricot spread then fold a third of omelet over filling.
- Slide unfolded edge onto a serving plate then slip folded portion over top.
- Spoon remaining apple mixture over omelet and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Serve immediately.