Baked Pear Custard With Caramel SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 ripe pears peeled quartered and cored shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups light cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 then grease shallow casserole dish.
- Arrange pears in prepared casserole.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup then level off.
- In large bowl combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar then add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add 2 cups cream then pour over pears and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.
- In medium saucepan combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils stirring constantly then stir in vanilla.
- Serve caramel sauce over warm pear custard.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!