Spinach CHeese and Prosciutto- stuffed chicken breatsFrom aemoosie 6 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- salt and peper to taste shopping list
- 4 slices prosciutto (or ham if you rather) shopping list
- 4 slices smoked provolone (has to be) :-) shopping list
- 1 cup spinach leaves---chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. preheat over to 350 F
- 2. To form pocket, cut chicken breast horizontally almost opposite edge. Fold back top half of breast, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. PLace 1 slice of provolone and 1/4 cup spinach ( you can add more if you LOVE spinach!) Fold top half over the filling
- 3. Spread 3 tablespoons flour onto plate. Holding chicken closed, coat with flour. You can again add salt and pepper for taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Place chiken in skillet- cook for only 4 minutes on each side..... dont clean pan yet...Transfer chiken to a shallow baking dish- I use a 9x13... and bake in the over 10 minutes or until juices are clear.
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk chiken broth and cream into remaining 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl. Pour this mixture into that same skillet. heat over medium until it thickens which is about 3-4 minutes. Spoon sauce onto plate then top with chicken.
- 6. ENJOY!!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- aemoosie Clarkesville, GA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookaemoosie Clarkesville, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!