Louisiana Sausage JambalayaFrom mamadelbosque 5 years ago
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion shopping list
- 2 stalks celery shopping list
- 2-3 green onions shopping list
- ½ large green pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 serrano chili pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ½ TBSP creole seasoning shopping list
- ½ tsp ground chili pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp dried thyme shopping list
- ½ – 1 lb sausage shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth or water shopping list
- 2 cups diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 ½ cup long grain brown rice shopping list
How to make it
- Dice veggies (peppers, onions, garlic etc)
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Put rice in a sauce pan with water to cover and simmer for 15+ minutes, then drain before adding to mix.
- Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice to veggies.
- Bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 to 45 minutes.