Cooked Tomatillo SalsaFrom mamadelbosque 6 years ago
- 10-12 tomatillos husked and rinsed shopping list
- 3 TBSP oil ( olive, grapeseed or corn) shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup roasted green chili, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or water) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- ½ cup fresh cilantro shopping list
- ¼ cup lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400* Put the tomatillos on a baking sheet and roast until the skins are lightly browned and blistered, about 20 minutes. Remove and once cool enough to handle, chop up, saving their juices.
- While the tomatillos are roasting, put the oil in skillet over medium heat, when hot add the onions and garlic, and cook stirring occasionally until very soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatillos, chilies, oregano, and stock and a large pinch of salt and pepper; stir and bring to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until it is slightly thickened 10-15 minutes
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and taste and adjust seasoning. Serve at room temperature or cove and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
The Cookmamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!