Raisin Bread Pudding For TwoFrom chatombreux 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 slices frozen or firm bread - easier to spread shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Grease the bottom and half way up the sides of the top half of a double boiler. Firmly pat the brown sugar into the pan, completely covering the bottom. Sprinkle the raisins over the brown sugar; set aside.
- Spread the butter on the bread. Sprinkle on the cinnamon; rub into the butter. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Add the bread cubes, stirring gently to coat. Carefully, taking care not to disturb the layer of brown sugar, pour the milk and egg mixture against the back of a large spoon into the prepared pan.
- Place the double boiler over cold water; cover. Over low heat, cook until set in the center, about 1 hour. (Shake pan gently to test firmness). Spoon the warm pudding into dessert dishes; spoon the brown sugar-raisin sauce from the bottom of the pan over the pudding.