Hazelnut Cake with Whipped CreamFrom sweetcuddle 8 years ago
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 oz. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 4 cooking apples (Empire or Cortland) shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 5/8 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp maple sugar (or white sugar) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground star anise shopping list
- 1 tsp butter shopping list
- 2 oz. chopped hazelnuts shopping list
- 3 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 6 tbsp whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- ) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2) Beat the egg yolks and half of the granulated sugar until light and creamy. Gently stir in the ground hazelnuts, flour and baking powder. beat the egg whites with the remaining granulated sugar and gently fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- 3) Immediately spread the mixture in a 9" x 11" x 2" cake pan, cover with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool slightly, then unmould onto a cooking rack. Set aside.
- 4) Peel, seed and thinly slice the apples. Place in a bowl of cold water with a little lemon juice.
- 5) Whip the cream with the maple sugar and star anise until the cream forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate.