Steak Poivre aka Pepper StealFrom old_cowboy 7 years ago
How to make it
- Spread your pepper corns out on your chopping block and crack them with the back of your cast iron frying pan.
- Mix the cracked pepper corns in with your meat well. Best if it gets to sit in your fridge for a couple of hours but you can use immediately.
- Peel and coarsely chop up your shallots
- Wash and chop up your button mushrooms
- Split your ground round into two patties
- Get your frying pan good and hot and sear the patties on both sides well
- Turn down the stove, finish cooking patties and remove from frying pan
- Add butter and sauté the chopped shallots well
- Add the chopped button mushrooms and sauté briefly
- Deglaze the frying pan with the red wine and reduce the resulting sauce to a consistency you like.
- Pour sauce over patties and serve.
The Cookold_cowboy El Cerrito, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!