Margarita JellyFrom 22566 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 Cups Freshly Squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- 1 package(1-3/4oz) powdered fruit pectin shopping list
- 4-1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup tequila shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 2 Drops green food coloring shopping list
- Lime Strips shopping list
How to make it
- In a large dutch oven,combine fruit juices,water,and pectin over medium high heat.
- Bring to a rollin boil.
- Add sugar.
- Stirring constantly,bring to rolling boil again and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat,skim off foam.
- Stir in tequila,lime zest,and food coloring.
- Place a lime strip in each canning jar.
- Spoon jelly into jars.
- Cover and cool to room temperture.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve with cream cheese and pretzel chips
- Makes about 6-1/2 Cups of jelly
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating8 people
This recipe really sounds like one that I would like to try...I just have a question ? regarding the processing of the jelly...do I 'can' it like you would if you were canning fruits or veggies?
Or...do you just pour it into the c...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Thank you for this recipe - I had something similar in Cancun at Senor Frog and I always wanted to know how is done.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Here's another great recipe to add to my list of goodies I make at X-mas time, as gifts to friends & relatives. Thanks so much!busmamawilliams in Clifton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!