Coffee Toffee Ice CreamFrom lenora 8 years ago
- 4 tsp, instant coffee powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbls. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. cold black coffee shopping list
- 6 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 Tbls. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups chopped toffee pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan combine coffee powder, sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in milk and black coffee.
- Cook over medium low heart, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pou some of the hot mixture over the slightly beaten egg yolks and then return egg mixture to the hot mixture in saucepan (this would be tempering so the eggs won't cook instantly).
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Chill thorughly; stir in cream, vanilla, and chopped toffee pieces.
- Pour into 1 gallon ice cream freezer container, filling 3/4 full. follow ice cream freezer directions and making and freezing the ice cream.
- Makes 1 gallon of coffee toffee ice cream, which is too much for you to handle all by yourself. So when making this treat call me!