bbq leg of lamb with lavenderFrom capedread 7 years ago
- 1 leg of lamb - 1.75kg/4lb - remove the bone by butterfly method - ask the butcher!! shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp of fresh lavender flowers - keep the stems shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp perry vinegar (or use cider if perry is not available.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp dark brown muscovado sugar shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Flatten the lamb by pressing on it and place in a large dish.
- Sprinkle over the onion and the lavender flowers
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar, perry vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Season with the salt and pepper and pour over the lamb.
- Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning frequently
- Dampen the left over lavender stalks and scatter over a cool area of the grill.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and place on a medium-hot BBQ and cook for 30 - 35 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade.