Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker SoupFrom sushiciera2008 6 years ago
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast(s), cut in 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped shopping list
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted with green chilies, undrained shopping list
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cup canned chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp table salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine allspice, cayenne, ginger, garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add turkey and toss to coat; set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in a 5-quart slow cooker; add any spices remaining in bowl.
- Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
The Cooksushiciera2008 Phillipsburg, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!