Pickled EggsFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and shelled shopping list
- 32 oz (2 pints) white vinegar shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp ginger shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp mustard seed shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp white peppercorns shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chilis (optional) shopping list
- Large jar with a COATED or PLASTIC screw-on lid (do not use a plain metal lid or your pickled eggs will not keep properly). shopping list
How to make it
- Cool the eggs and shell them. (HInt: for easier shelling boil the eggs in water to which 1 Tbsp of vinegar has been added.)
- Simmer the vineegar with the ginger, mustard seed and peppercorns for 5 minutes.
- Strain (optional) and let cool.
- Arrange the eggs upright in a large jar that has a COATED or plastic screw-on lid.
- **Make sure the jar is completely clean and sterillized with boiling water before using.**
- Place jalapenos on top of the eggs.
- Cover eggs with the vinegar and tightly screw on the llid.
- Label, using a piece of clear tape, with the contents and date.
- Let eggs set for 2 - 3 weeks before using.
- Store in a cool, dry place.