Apple Caramel PieFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons flour shopping list
- 8 ounce package almond paste cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for filled one crust pie using 9” pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In small bowl combine butter, 2 teaspoons flour, almond paste and eggs at medium speed.
- Blend well noting that mixture will not be smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into crust lined pan then bake 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Reserve 1/3 cup caramel topping.
- In small bowl using wire whisk blend remaining caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Stir in almonds then carefully spoon over filling in pie pan and return to oven.
- Bake an additional 12 minutes then coon on wire rack for 30 minutes then chill 3 hours.
- In large bowl beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of chilled pie leaving 4” circle in center.
- Just before serving drizzle 2 teaspoons of the reserved caramel topping over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.