Apple Cider Chicken StewFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion cut in half and thinly sliced then cut in half again shopping list
- 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely minced orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and coat with some of the oil.
- Shake chicken in with flour until lightly coated then cook chicken in oil until white on all sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside then sauté onion in same pot.
- If needed add a little cider to keep onion from drying out.
- Add tomatoes and apple cider along with chicken then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and orange zest then cook 10 minutes more.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!