Okra PicklesFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 3 pounds small okra pods shopping list
- 12 garlic cloves -- halved lengthwise shopping list
- 6 small fresh hot peppers shopping list
- 6 fresh dillweed sprigs shopping list
- 6 fresh tarragon sprigs shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 3 cups white vinegar (5% acidity) shopping list
- 1/3 cup pickling salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pack half of okra tightly into 1-pint hot, sterilized jars. Place 4
- garlic pieces, 1 pepper, a sprig of dillweed and a sprig of tarragon in
- each jar with okra. Pack remaining okra in jars, leaving 1/4 inch
- Combine water and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan;
- bring to a boil. Pour boiling vinegar mixture over okra, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles with nonmetal spatula, sliding it down the side of the jar between the food and the jar, pressing back gently to allow
- bubbles to escape. Wipe jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
- This recipe yields 6 pints.