Black Bean CasseroleFrom hapmomma 5 years ago
- 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, diced shopping list
- 16 oz jar of salsa or picante shopping list
- 2 cans Mexican Style jalapeno diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cans of black beans ( drained) shopping list
- 8- 6" soft tortillas shopping list
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella shopping list
- Optional- add chicken ( adds 2 ww points per square) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet combine onion, peppers, tomatoes, salsa, garlic and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat through.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 9x13" baking dish layer ingredients in order; 1/3 bean mixture, 4 tortillas, 1/2 cheese, 1/3 bean mixture, 4 tortillas and remaining beans.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake until it melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 8 squares and serve. ( with sour cream, salsa....)
The Cookhapmomma Cincinnati, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!