Country Pumpkin Applesauce MuffinsFrom lanacountry 7 years ago
- Country pumpkin applesauce Muffins shopping list
- =============================================== shopping list
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce, any style shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin canned OK (not pumpkin pie filling) shopping list
- 2/3 cup apple juice shopping list
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mace (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the cups of muffin tins.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the applesauce and pumpkin until well mixed.
- Next add the apple juice, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Don’t over mix.
- When just smooth, add the salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and mace.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center
- comes out clean.
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Wonderful with cream cheese!
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating5 people
wow...delicious...great post.thxangieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
These sound so moist and tender. Solid vegetable shortening and applesauce will do it everytime! Wonderful, wonderful! Thanks Lana. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Lana, I made these this morning, and they are so tender and moist. I didn't have apple juice, so I substituted orange juice, and I also added 1/2 teaspoon ginger. They are delicious, delicious! Had friends to drop by, and they loved them too! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!