Pepper Jelly Thai Crab CakesFrom cassyc52 7 years ago
- 2 cups of lump crabmeat (approx. ), picked of all shells shopping list
- 3 grn onions chopped, white and green parts shopping list
- 1 T fish sauce shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 2 T lemon zest shopping list
- 2 T Hellman's mayo lite shopping list
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped, stems discarded shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 2 T of Jalepeno pepper jelly (see my recipe) shopping list
- Dried bread crumbs or cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- Sauce: 1/4 cup of pepper jelly, juice of one lime, chopped cilantro, 1 tamarind shopping list
How to make it
- Put all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and add enough of the cracker or bread crumbs to make patties. Roll the pattie in the dry crumbs and cook in a heavy skillet with enough oil that just covers the bottom of the pan, making sure the oil is hot.
- Cook over medium heat until browned on each side and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and drain. Pour sauce on one side of the plate so the patty and be dredged.
- Note: Please forgive me for not being more precise with my recipes as I never measure ingredients. All measurements are approx., but allow you to add to your own taste.
The Cookcassyc52 Pensacola, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!