Super-Moist Carrot CakeFrom chubbybunny 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 Cup flour Less 1 tablespoon (don't ask why, it just works.) shopping list
- 1 Cup White sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (although I usually use a pretty heavy hand.) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup of cooking oil. I just use whatever's in my cupboard. shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded carrots (the shredding process makes a mess, be forewarned!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple (including the syrup.) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I usually use a heavy hand with this one too.) shopping list
- cream cheese icing shopping list
- 8oz cream cheese (You can use low-fat if you'd like, but in my opinion that's like going to McDonalds and ordering a salad. It's cake people!) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 Cups icing sugar (pretty sure it's called something else in the states but I'm Canadian eh?) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your pans. (Why does that sound so dirty??)
- Mix all the dry ingredients. I'm too cheap to buy a proper sifter, so I use a whisk to get rid of the bumps.
- Beat the eggs in a seperate bowl and add all the other wet ingredients except the carrots.
- Mix all the wet ingredients with the dry, then fold in the carrots.
- Pour your batter into your greased pans (hehe) and toss em in the oven. Let them cook for 30-35 minutes. Start checking for done-ness with a toothpick or fork at the 27 minute mark, no one wants a dry carrot cake!
- Put the cream cheese on a plate and nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then mix it with the butter and vanilla and icing sugar with a blender until the bumps are gone.
- After the cake is cool, start icing the cake, and repeat after me: "One spoonful to the cake, one spoonful for me; one spoonful for the cake, one spoonful for me...."
The Cookchubbybunny Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
Fantastic cake thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love carrot cake and it is my daughter-in-law's favorite! This one sounds wonderful--love it with pineapple in it!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
Yummy! Carrot cake is my #1 favorite cake. Thanks for sharing.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!