Mexican PizzaFrom sugarplum 7 years ago
- One can black beans shopping list
- One can refried beans shopping list
- One pkg thick tortillas (gorditas) or tostados shopping list
- Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, jalapenos shopping list
- If you'd like to make these with meat, cook 1.5 lbs ground beef or turkey w/taco seasoning and use in place of or with the beans. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the beans.
- If using meat, cook meat.
- Place tortillas, tostados, or gorditas on baking sheet (Gorditas make for a thicker crust - tortialls & tostados are a bit more flimsy).
- Spread beans, meat, cheese on top of your choice of "crust."
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top with selected toppings.
- For a complete meal, I like mexican rice & sliced avocado on the side.
- This is fun recipe to let kids design their own pizza - put a variety of toppings on table & let them pile them on!