PANCIT-CANTONFrom fatrasta 7 years ago
- 1/2 kilo dry egg noodles, blanched shopping list
- 1/4 kilo pork, boiled then sliced in small pieces (I used pork belly on this one) shopping list
- 1/4 kilo chicken, sliced in small pieces (I used thighs) shopping list
- 1 small head of cabbage shredded shopping list
- 1 medium sized carrots julienned shopping list
- 3 stalks celery sliced shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups stock (I used the stock from the pork I boiled) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 medium onion sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- - shrimp is good in pancit. I would have used it if I had any in the refrigerator but unfortunately this is all the meat I can find there. shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1: Heat some oil in the pan and saute the veggies for a few seconds, enough to half cook them. Season with a little bit of salt. Set aside.
- Step 2: Add some more oil and saute the garlic and onions. Add in the meat and stir fry for a few minutes until the chicken changes color. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of soy sauce. Set aside.
- Step 3: Time to build the pancit.
- Step 4: Boil stock and soy sauce in the pan.
- Step 5: Add in the blanched noodles. Let simmer until the noodles absorb the liquid.
- Step 6: Add in the meat and mix.
- Step 7: Add the veggies last. Mix and let heat through.