Lime Pistachio CookiesFrom witchywoman 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup rough chopped, unsalted, shelled pistachios shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- Zest from 2 limes shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Place pistachios on an ungreased baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Set aside to cool while you prepare the dough.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the softened butter and oil with the sugar and zest. Add the eggs and lime juice, beating until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture, beating on low speed until incorporated; increase speed to medium and beat until well blended. Stir in chopped nuts.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until very lightly golden. Let cool slightly on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.