Olive Garden Lemon CakeFrom auntiegails 7 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix as directed, but leave out 1/2 cup of the water and replace it with 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Bake in 2 round cake pans.(reg size)
- Cool and remove.
- This is easier to handle if you freeze the cake.
- I use my kitchen-aid mixer, and mix the following.
- 1 small tub mascarpone cheese
- use the whipping beater, and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and the heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until it gets fluffy...slowly ad the lemon juice and zest.
- taste it..My husband likes it extra tart...add more lemon zest to taste.
- Place the first layer of cake on a cake pan, then add filling in the middle, then add the 2nd layer of cake.
- Top with powderd sugar through a sive just on the top!
- Slice and eat..great with a drizzle of berry Ice-cream topping.
The Cookauntiegails Star, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!